Monday, October 13, 2008

Remember When! Master Bath Remodel!


Remember this!!!!



Can you believe it!! The time has finally come. I can't even remember when we started this remodel. It has been that long. It might of been in February some time. But the wait has been well worth it. I designed the bathroom and my hubby did all the work himself. When we moved into this house 5 years ago, I just knew it had potential. We finished the main floor last year. Now we are working on the upstairs. What better place to start than in my bathroom and bedroom. As you can see in the pictures of the old bathroom was just plain awful. The wallpaper was gross. I wanted to strip that down the day we moved in. The house needed so much work so unfortunately we had to do one room at a time, the upstairs was pushed aside. I think with all the remodeling that we have done so far this one would have to be my favorite. Maybe because you spend so much time in your bedroom and bathroom overall compared to the other rooms in the house.



I think I have given you an idea of what it looked like before and what it looks like now. We still have a few more things that we are working on. But I am finally using the bathroom and sleeping back in my bed.












Remember My husband did all the work himself. Down to the studs, wiring, plumbing and the works. I am so lucky!! I thank him everyday!!













I am working on making some big silk Euro's for my bed and hubby still has to make a night stand for his side. I found an ottoman at a store the other day. Just trying to decide if I want to do that or not. It has been fun but boy am I glad it is all over. Someone asked me the other day, "whats next". I think I am going to relax for a while. Maybe I mean, let the hubby relax. Poor Guy! But he sure loves me! Look what I got!! Yeah! Then I'll work on the guest bedroom next. But I don't want to think about that yet. I am iust enjoying doing not much of nothing when it comes to decorating right now. It feels good and the lack of dust is a blessing!!!

15 comments:

Halloween Fanatic said...

WOW! You are a decorating DIVA!! What a beautiful bathroom!!!

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Thanks Robert!!! I do love to decorate. I am giving advise to friends/family all the time. It is fun. I should of went to school for that. A little to late now.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!!

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Thanks Sheila! I am so glad it is almost finished!!!

Unknown said...

STUNNING! I love seeing before and after pictures....you and your hubby did a great job...now relax in your new bathroom!! Take care, Jackie

Kristen Beason said...

OMG!!! Kim~it looks absolutely beautiful! I'm sure you enjoyed having your bed back and what a peaceful retreat! Who needs to go to a spa with a master bath like that???

Kristen

Melissa Valeriote said...

WOW! Looks like a magazine spread. Beautiful job Kim!! So elegant. I still remember your dust story. Hope you can laugh about it now.

Christopher A. Klingler said...

WOW the new remodel is STUNNING!

Well done Kim!!!

I bet you are tickled pink or is that B&W?! LOVE the new master bath.

Have a great weekend.

Chris :-D)

Marie Patterson Studio said...

Love that vanity!!!

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Thanks everyone! I am really enjoying the redo! It was a nightmare at times. But it was all worth it!

My Days with Daisy said...

I love your bathroom vanity! Did you husband make that or did you buy it? I am still waiting to redo my master bath.
Kim@ticklishmermamaids.com

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Hi Kim, The vanity was from Lowes! It came with the sinks. But not the faucets. I love the way it turned out. I can't imagine anything else. Thanks for the nice compliments.

Kim

Kristens Creations said...

Wow! I am very impressed! Great job Kim (and husband)it looks beautiful! I love everything! I'm glad I checked in with you. Kristen

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Wow!!! Breathtakingly gorgeous!!!!!

vintagepaletteart said...

DO you rent out that hubby of yours KIm? I have some major work that needs doen in my house....LOL!

Your new bathroom and bedroo are absolutely gorgeous!! You are one very lucky girl!

=D *Lori